We are searching for a qualified laminator. The chosen candidate will be responsible for preparing moulds and laminating various components ranging from hulls to small mouldings.
The chosen candidate must have experience performing wet lamination, and preferably experience with epoxy & polyester resins, vacuum-bagging, infusion, and/or prepregs. They must also have experience in, or at least possess an understanding of, fitting and bonding components together to construct a finished product. Experience using handheld tools, power tools, and floor machinery is necessary (experience with table saws & bandsaws at minimum), as is experience operating a crane, or at least the ability to sling the items that need to be lifted. A background in carpentry or cabinet-making and/or experience working in a machine shop is beneficial.
- Able to read, speak and understand English fluently
- Completion of at least Grade 12/High School
- Completion of Technical School is not a requirement, but is preferred
- Must own his/her own hand tools and be prepared to purchase & upkeep more when necessary
- Must live in close proximity to the shipyard & own a car or alternative means of transport to guarantee flexible working hours (ability to work overtime is ideal)
- Must be able to climb stepladders, crawl in confined spaces, and handle heavy or oversized objects
- Possesses a basic understanding of science and physics; understands how to apply these principles in a work context
- Able to perform basic mathematical and geometry calculations; understands angles, ratios, percentages and units of measure
- Possesses a good eye for detail and is able to pick up mistakes such as out-of-axis geometries, and other major misalignments, without the need of measuring tools
- Can work with minimum supervision - is able to plan the work day and request info & materials before they are urgently needed
- Is able to read drawings, prioritise tasks in order of importance, and pick up on & react proactively to incongruences
Please submit your details to apply for the above position